HDPE Shift Supervisor vacancy in SOCAR Polymer
Title: HDPE Shift Supervisor
- HDPE Shift Supervisor position requires accurate and accountable performance of all necessary duties to ensure safe and efficient operations in the HDPE Polymerization, Extrusion and off-site areas.
- Day-to-day management of subordinated shift personnel;
- Ensuring the implementation of production plans;
- Ensuring the output of products of required quality;
- Ensuring industrial safety, fire safety and labor safety of personnel.
- Ensure the development of job descriptions, their availability upon request and timely inclusion of changes to the job descriptions of subordinate employees (if necessary).
- Supervise the complete and timely hand-over of responsibilities between employees of the unit. Upon dismissal of a subordinate employee, ensure the handover of responsibilities and documents to another subordinate employee and, in case of his/her absence of such, take-over the responsibilities and documents himself.
- Provide familiarization of employees of the unit with changes made to proprietary documents of the company.
- Check and control the correctness, completeness and reliability of information prepared by subordinate employees and intended for submission to the relevant state and municipal authorities.
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards, internal regulatory documents of the company by subordinate employees.
- Participate in risk management activities. Timely report to the Production management (Production Head, Area Leads) of all changes and deviations in the work process associated with the potential occurrence of risks. Ensure a predictable mitigation of the level of risks affecting the activities of the company.
- Handover his/her responsibilities to the person who takes office, or to the person who will replace him/her for the time of absence, or handover such to the immediate manager when transferred to another position or dismissed, or on the last working day before a long absence from the workplace (due to a business trip or vacation, etc.).
- Responsible to take the role of “On-scene Commander” in an emergency as per the company Emergency Response Procedure.
- Cooperate with Production Management, Maintenance, and Engineering to identify and correct root causes of process downtime.
- Ensure environmentally compatible disposal and recycling of waste.
- Ensure housekeeping activities on site.
- Arrange quality control of feedstock, materials to be put into production; duly adjust the consumption of materials according to the developed manufacturing process.
- Fluent in Azeri and English
- Fluent in Russian (advantage)
- General knowledge of chemical processes, including basic chemistry and physics.
- Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo in the plant. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Understanding and following oral and written instructions.
- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Determining and executing proper course of action under emergency conditions.
- Be able to work any shift (including 12-hour shifts and/or rotating shifts) necessary to support a 24/7 operation.
- Be able to work overtime (including weekends and holidays) if necessary.
- Must be a competent PC user.
• Planning and organizing;
• Time management;
• Target orientation;
• Team Orientation;
• Excellent problem-solving skills;
• Teamwork skills with safety and environmental consciousness required.
• Effective decision-making skills;
• Motivation and coaching skills to drive the team to operational success;
• 6.2.7 Basics of labor law.
Education and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or relevant qualification;
• 5-10 years of experience in Oil & Gas / Petrochemical industry
• Management in chemical manufacturing plant or oil and gas producing facility or onshore gas/oil processing plant
Interested candidates should follow the link below:
The above vacancy is addressed to nationals of Azerbaijan or with permanent residency in Azerbaijan. All eligible applications for the advertised post will be assessed and given equal opportunities.
Application closing date: January 25, 2020Oxunma Sayı: 54